There is no doubt that a successful restaurant can only truly thrive if a talented manager is on the floor ensuring everything is running smoothly and everyone (colleagues and customers) is happy. In short, it is a tall order. But our fantastic Restaurant Manager Zelda Williams is a natural. As the eldest of 3 siblings, Zelda developed a knack for keeping things in check from an early age. We decided to pick Zelda’s brain and learn a thing or two about her in the process.
Getting to know Damhuis Restaurant Manager Zelda Williams a little better…
1. What is your philosophy when it comes to managing people?
I believe, first and foremost, in treating people with consistency and fairness. Damhuis Restaurant has a rich variety of people and cultures, and it is essential to consider every day. I also like to lead by example and get my hands dirty, if necessary.
2. What do you think makes a successful restaurant?
I think the location is critical. That, coupled with efficiency and great food is the recipe for a successful restaurant
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
Apart from spending quality time at home with family and friends, I also enjoy tucking into a great book.
4. Legend has it that Damhuis Restaurant is haunted. Have you experienced anything supernatural?
Hahaha! Definitely not!
5. What is the best thing about being part of the Damhuis Restaurant family?
Precisely that- being able to come to work and feel like I am part of another family.
6. Do you have a favourite item on the Damhuis Restaurant menu?
If you know me, you will see that I love food and, in all honesty, I cannot pick a favourite. I love every item on the menu.
7. What do you like about Melkbosstrand?
I love the small town atmosphere and the fresh sea air.
8. Happiness is…
…an ice-cold cider on a hot day.
Enjoying getting to know Damhuis Restaurant and our brilliant team? Read more about our talented cocktail barman Julian Jacobs.